Author Topic: Crunch Troll on Vacation Jul 27 to Aug 14  (Read 225 times)

Offline Crunch Troll

• Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
  • Loremaster

• Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Crunch Troll on Vacation Jul 27 to Aug 14
« on: July 24, 2017, 07:43:20 PM »
To all and sundry:

From Jul 27 to Aug 14, Loremaster Crunch Troll will be leaving the safety of his bridge in western Canada and fly across the pond to Europe, specifically Germany (currently Alshain +0200). This is his second time in Germany, the first being a lifetime ago. And no, he will not mail or bring beer back for anyone. His luggage will be full of wurst, beer and lederhosen for himself.

Crunch is taking in many sights. Do not expect to see him on Aug 01 (do not ask why, even the short version is long; just accept it). He MAY be available in TS during evenings (1800-2000 Alshain) however if he is, do not expect him to be able to stay on for long. If you need something, it is best if you PM him. He will be checking regularly (being a computer geek, he cannot be without a computer). He will be at the Keshik meeting this coming Sunday, Jul 30. He will also not be available prior to his journey as he needs to prepare.

Shortly after he returns, he will likely announce another Trial of Bloodright. And review the Clawing in light of the new weapons available.

The floggings shall continue until morale improves.

Offline Crunch Troll

• Loremaster

Re: Crunch Troll on Vacation Jul 27 to Aug 14
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 07:48:52 PM »
Arrived safe and sound in Germany yesterday morning. The gates for all my flights got changed so had some fun hunting them down. Long walks at the two transfer airports, Toronto and Frankfurt, to even find out where to find out where to go for my next flight.

First order of business - food. Second - sleep. Barely slept on the transatlantic flight and  had barely slept the previous couple days. Also Germany is 8h ahead of where I live. Third - go out and enjoy a local festival with rides, all sorts of food (including some Dutch treat, made on a special grill with divets for the batter, I bet Des knows what I am talking about; tons of sweets, and tons of meat), and the obligatory Biergartens. Yes, I stopped and hoasted one (there is a picture however having wireless issues with the phone; will post later.)

Online SkyeBjorn

• Solahma Commander of the Training Command
  • Unity of purpose and strength of spirit,
  • Galaxy Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 07:53:35 PM »
Glad you made it safely. Have fun. Eat, drink and be merry.

Offline Doc Dino

• Fair Winds & Following Seas ...
  • Galaxy Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:10:07 AM »
As long as you don't be "Mary" ...   lol

Stay Crunchy !!  Or Troll along as you like ...   hehehehehe

Doc

Freedom isn't Free .....    Common sense isn't so Common anymore  ...

Offline desdoom

• why is the booz gone
  • Star Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 05:14:06 AM »
Arrived safe and sound in Germany yesterday morning. The gates for all my flights got changed so had some fun hunting them down. Long walks at the two transfer airports, Toronto and Frankfurt, to even find out where to find out where to go for my next flight.

First order of business - food. Second - sleep. Barely slept on the transatlantic flight and  had barely slept the previous couple days. Also Germany is 8h ahead of where I live. Third - go out and enjoy a local festival with rides, all sorts of food (including some Dutch treat, made on a special grill with divets for the batter, I bet Des knows what I am talking about; tons of sweets, and tons of meat), and the obligatory Biergartens. Yes, I stopped and hoasted one (there is a picture however having wireless issues with the phone; will post later.)

have fun and i think i know what you had but not sure

and be warned the germans love their beer strong

Offline Shadowfax 13th

• -The world breaks everyone...
  • Star Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 09:17:51 AM »
I think I know what that Dutch treat is too... it's really good.

-Δόξα το φάντασμα αρκούδα φυλής, και το χρυσό αρκούδες, και η οργή

Offline Crunch Troll

• Loremaster

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 06:19:57 PM »
During the past 1 1/2 weeks in Germany, Crunch has been having intermittent internet issues with his phone. His computer has not been affected. However, he is currently in Cologne and cannot connect to the TS3 servers with any device through the hotel wireless. As such, he might be able to get on TS3 until midday Thu, Aug 10 (will have travelled to new city by then). He  should be able to get online at that time. Until then, all communication with him will need to be PMs.

Offline Ghostryder

• Bekker
  • Khan
  • Bloodname: Bekker
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 08:52:26 PM »
The Khan advises Crunch Troll that he is ON LEAVE, and is not expected to be available until such period ends.  We have PM's and the forums where 'controlled' interaction is available at one's leisure (when on leave), but there is no expectation nor responsibility to respond when one is drinking proper beer and unwinding in a foreign country.

Enjoy your time off, Crunch.  I have a feeling you are gonna get hammered when you come back!

Offline Crunch Troll

• Loremaster

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 04:54:59 PM »
Crunch is back in country though he did want to stay longer in Germany. So much he still wanted to do but not enough time (his or his friend's) and definitely not enough money.

For anyone wanting him to bring back beer for them, sorry, he drank it all. He is a troll after all. They do have big thirsts.

For the next couple of days Crunch will be recovering from jetlag and unpacking his bags. He will be around the forums and TS however do not expect him to say anything that is not jibberish. Anyone who had previously talked to him about lore stuff, he has not forgotten and has been working his way through them.