Author Topic: Tournaments?  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Angel Devereaux

• I had strings but now I'm free....
  • Trothkin
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Tournaments?
« on: June 05, 2015, 01:57:06 PM »
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in me hosting some fun tournaments with prizes like I did a couple months ago, last one the winner got a free game of their choice, was thinking about starting this back up again pending the approval of the Keshik of course and if there is enough interest from all players.  Let me know if this sounds cool to you.

Kisses

Angel
Cherish what is dearest while you have it near you, and wait not till it is far away. Blind and deaf that we are; oh, think, if thou yet love anybody living, wait not till death sweep down the paltry little dust clouds and dissonances of the moment, and all be made at last so mournfully clear and beautiful, when it is too late.

Offline Jason

• The Jason f.k.a. GalCom
  • Star Commander
Re: Tournaments?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 02:48:42 PM »
Indeed with the caveat that 101011 isn't allowed to compete :-D

Offline Cimarb

• HAI BERS!
  • Trothkin
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 02:52:01 PM »
If you actually want the Keshiks approval on something like this, it would probably be best to approach them about it before broadcasting it to everyone else. If you are willing to give away the prizes yourself, I do not think there would be an issue, but that would be the proper way to do something with their approval.

Offline Jason

• Star Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 02:57:27 PM »
If you actually want the Keshiks approval on something like this, it would probably be best to approach them about it before.....

I see a key word there Cim lol

Offline Himmelganger

• I am what I am.
  • Trothkin
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 02:58:37 PM »
Or you can do it like the 50th did with a raffle limited to within the cluster dependent on a criterea stipulated beforehand. Anything clan wide should have the keshiks approval, as to make sure it is all on the up and up.

Offline Angel Devereaux

• Trothkin
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 03:00:38 PM »
I'm just trying to get a feel for if this is something people would be even interested in, I'm not going to bother the Keshik with getting approval unless I know people are interested
Cherish what is dearest while you have it near you, and wait not till it is far away. Blind and deaf that we are; oh, think, if thou yet love anybody living, wait not till death sweep down the paltry little dust clouds and dissonances of the moment, and all be made at last so mournfully clear and beautiful, when it is too late.

Offline Angel Devereaux

• Trothkin
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 03:07:56 PM »

The last time I did this I limited it to Sibkin and Mechwarriors, this one would probably exclude any blood named members as well, the idea was to allow those who might be less skilled or more casual to have a chance to win and be competitive in something they might not normally be able to do.  It went over pretty well, granted there were some issues with timing and some other administrative things but everyone had fun and everyone felt they had a fair shot.

Like I said though, I just want to get a feel for the level of interest in this sort of thing, I'm not going to bother writing out a proposal with all the details if nobody is even interested.

Offline 101011

• I'm not an aesthetic kind of guy
  • Trothkin
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »

Ouch.

Offline theadj

• I'm New, Help a Sibko out!
  • Trothkin
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 04:59:38 PM »
Ouch.

Don't want to leave the easy targets in the tourney, sorry 43

Offline Hikage

• death before dishonor
  • Warrior
  • Bloodname: Hall
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 06:28:40 PM »
so... no 43 and no bloodnamed pilots eh? excellent...

Offline Jason

• Star Commander
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 07:14:07 PM »
Ouch.

Don't want to leave the easy targets in the tourney, sorry 43

Exactly.  No offense to you Star Colonel; just looking out for those of us who aren't on your level yet :-D

Xeraphale

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 10:20:28 AM »
I'd be interested if it was on one of those rare weekends when I can cut loose on the PC for a while.

I would also like to state that if we are going to have a tourney like this then maybe everyone should play.  Nobody gets better without competing against people of greater skill.

Maybe have a group stage to begin with of four pilots, top two qualify or maybe group of six, top three.  Keep the best players apart with seeding.  This gives the "rookies" a chance of qualifying and ensures everyone gets a few games without being knocked out first round.

Offline NAZGUL

• Trothkin
    • Naz Online
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 11:48:39 AM »
yea I ran a few of these in the 12th awhile back, had a lot of fun with it. I had planned on opening it up clan wide but RL stuff happened you know how it is. Angel I have a good format for a 4 part tourney worked out already your welcome to use if you want to mix things up a bit.
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."  Harry S. Truman

Offline SiriusDrake

• Trothkin
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 01:31:39 PM »
so... no 43 and no bloodnamed pilots eh? excellent...

I am sure we can set up another one for....special people like you ;-)
aka people that are too darn good to play against the average bear, lol
Come then, show me what passes for fury amongst your misbegotten kind!

Offline Angel Devereaux

• Trothkin
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 11:53:42 AM »
It doesn't seem like there is a lot of interest in this so I'll just shelve it for now, I think the blood name tournaments are more along the lines of what everyone wants anyway.