Author Topic: Names of our Warriors  (Read 11232 times)

Offline SiriusDrake

• Trothkin
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Re: Names of our Warriors
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 03:25:42 AM »
May i introduce Sirius Drake, Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus of HIS (beloved by all) holy Inquisition.
The original name i came up with for the RPG was Sirius von Draken. But "von Draken" is pretty useless for online games where the major language is english. So the second part changed to Drake.
"von Draken" is stolen from the Drakenhof Templars and the family "von Drak" out of the warhammer fantasy world.
Sirius is....well, just Sirius. The star. nothing special there.

Come then, show me what passes for fury amongst your misbegotten kind!

Offline RedEagle86

• Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyari.
  • Inactive Member
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2015, 07:57:45 AM »
Short story:  Wheel of time, The Red Eagle of Manetheren.  That was too long, so I shortened it to TheRedEagle for Star Wars Galaxies.  That name was taken when I went to play multiplayer of Republic Commando, so I changed it to TheRedEagle86.  86 being year of my birth.

After that, whenever I joined a multiplayer game, it was TheRedEagle86.  Except, when I joined Star Wars The Old Republic, that was too long (or taken, not sure).  Anyways, I dropped the 'The', became RedEagle86, and stuck with that.

I also have an 'evil' character I play, Pytzoth, which was originally a 'random' name generated in SWTOR, but now I use it for various 'evil' tasks, that does not go well with my 'pure' RedEagle86 character.

Far aldazar din.  Los Valdar Cuebiyari. Los!
Garrus: ...And that's the moment the universe ran out of ammunition...

Offline CoffiNail

• CGBI Founder
  • The Kinship of spirits is vital
  • Oathmaster
  • Bloodname: Tseng
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 11:56:59 AM »
CoffiNail.

When I thought of the name I was heavy in to the Gothic subculture. So it fit also was with friends who were smoking and commented how it was a coughing nail and a nail in the coffin... And though CoffiNail. Liked it and now I am a merger of coffee, CoffiNail, coffin or nail.

I have enjoyed it ever since.

Past user names included nightshadow, midnightsroses, Alrick or if I am playing a drow, aka dark elf I use the name Chalve (merge of the drow words fire, chath and velve which is blade. A drow character I use to RP on yahoo chat lol, years and years ago.

Overall had CoffiNail for half a decade, midnightsroses about 8 years and nightshadow for 5 before that.

Offline Angel Devereaux

• I had strings but now I'm free....
  • Trothkin
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »
Angel,

Angel is a nickname that has followed me for most of my life, my grandmother called me her special angel since I was her first grandchild.  Devereaux is a reference to the Wing Commander series of games which I used to play a lot.

I have been called Angel more than my real name by a lot of people, especially when I played paintball since it was easier to shout out in the middle of a game and it fit on a jersey much easier.  They also said it worked because I was always very polite and courteous to the other team, I always had extra gear packed in case someone left something at home or anything broke.

So when MWO came out I just figured I would stick with what was familiar.

Cherish what is dearest while you have it near you, and wait not till it is far away. Blind and deaf that we are; oh, think, if thou yet love anybody living, wait not till death sweep down the paltry little dust clouds and dissonances of the moment, and all be made at last so mournfully clear and beautiful, when it is too late.

Offline SubGenius23

• nothing is true, everything is permitted
  • Trothkin
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »
SubGenius
wiki has some general info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_SubGenius
The reason I use this name is to see how people react. I get some stupid comments- and I get some occasional "Praise BOB!" I like how people reveal themselves sometimes...
and if You're interested in getting your slack back- here are two short videos for You to behold:

Offline Theycallmetheworkingman

• 1st bear guard, best bear guard
  • Trothkin
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 01:42:50 PM »
Typically my work weeks are around 60ish hours. The Chef's life is a hard life.

Offline Brindle

• Bravery.Excellence.Accuracy.ROAR!
  • Trothkin
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »
Our first greyhound was Kalliope, with a color of 'brindle'.  The best dog my wife and I ever had.  She was very smart, and a true alpha with attitude.  We have a CD of her dog races; she came in 1st in all but two races, which she came in 2nd place.  The name is simple and never used.  If you see 'brindle' in any game, it's either me or someone copying me.

Offline Thanatos31

• the artist formerly known as PhilAmbush
  • Trothkin
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 03:56:27 AM »
Nickname from the Military times in my life. that's all. ;)
Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

Offline Himmelganger

• I am what I am.
  • Trothkin
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 04:49:58 PM »
Mine is a norwegian/germanic/scandinavian word that is a compound word of two seperate parts, Himmel and Ganger. Himmel means a heaven or a sky, or the actual Heaven with capital H. Ganger, is an old germanic word that means means strider, ranger, or walker. The idea was from Gange Rolf, who transformed Neustria into Normandy, this way I honour my norse/norwegian ancestory.

The obvious translation of Himmelganger is Skywalker, and yes I am a huge star wars fan. I came up with the name for the legacy system, playing SWTOR, as a way of using a canon name. Of course you are not permitted to use proper canon names but who knows, languages change a lot in 3500 years maybe there was a Skywalker ancestor called Himmelganger ;)

But it is also a play on the indo european sky father concept, like Jupiter, Zeus, and specially Odin. One of Odin's many names is traveler or walker. Another is Sky father, so in some sense its that too. Thirdly it can mean a man that goes to heaven, as the german word for a suicide mission is himmelfartskommando.

Another translation is multiple heavens, or Niten Ichi-ryū, I love playing strategy games. So as you can see there are many and varied translations and meanings of my name. Just as I am writing this I come up with the term angel, Himmelganger can be translated into that too, as an angel walks in heaven. This is just as I like it, word play is fun.

Also many people online use the same name or variations of famous characters or words, so you see often B4D@$$6969 casue of course all the other 6968 badasses before him are already took the other badass names, how dull can you be? My nickname is unique, just like me, and it is just mine!

Offline Xultan

• MechWarrior
  • Trothkin
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 05:06:02 PM »
My name comes from a variant on Xaltotun from Conan that my best friend and I started using Xultatan in Ultima 7 in 1993, then shortened it in to Xultan as an easier to pronounce / type as I started playing online games in 1997/1998.

Offline Cimarb

• HAI BERS!
  • Trothkin
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 06:23:17 PM »
But it is also a play on the indo european sky father concept, like Jupiter, Zeus, and specially Odin. One of Odin's many names is traveler or walker. Another is Sky father, so in some sense its that too. Thirdly it can mean a man that goes to heaven, as the german word for a suicide mission is himmelfartskommando.
hehehehehe...you said "himmel farts"...huhuhuhuh

Offline NAZGUL

• Trothkin
    • Naz Online
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 08:34:15 AM »
Lol
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."  Harry S. Truman

Offline Darth Sharkray

• Bring small wubbs for maximum party!!
  • Star Commander
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 12:17:01 PM »
hmm... well as you can see in my name (just like our own norse version of skywalker ;) ) i am a big fan of star wars and have always had a secret fascination with the dark side, or at least the sith. don not get mer wrong. i am fascinated not with their cruelty, but with their ability to do what needs to be done for the greater good. imho the sith (not the people, but the organisation) are very much misunderstood by everyone else. also as a mandalorian once put it so incisively: While the Sith plan on having a billion casualties to reach their goals, the jedi manage to do it on accident :)
so much to darth
now the other part: sharkray.

Well obviously there is a shark and there is a ray in there.
The shark derives from my insatiable hunger whilst being a really good swimmer. i basically grew up swimming and the ocean it seems is a second home to me. i remember my father giving me the nickname sharky, cause i'd go diving for a while and then scare the shit out of people who did not see me coming ^^
so now why not just be Darth Shark or Darth Sharky. well i do not know about you guys, but i just felt that something was missing with Darth Shark. and Darth Sharky was obviously not martial enough, so in a fit of i do not know what i came up with sharkray (sharks tend to be really fast under water and ray -> light -> really fast shit anywhere ^^ )

Thus the name Darth Sharkray was created. also it is a very unique name. i have not so far met anyone else / had problems with getting the name sharkray. you may or may not have seen me with various versions of my nickname in different games, though the most common ones i use are Lord Sharkray or Darth Sharkray.

Reactor: ONLINE
Sensors: ONLINE
Weapons: ONLINE
Aimbot: ONLINE
 - All Systems Nominal

Offline IC3B3RG (Shadewolfe)

• Follow at your own peril.
  • Trothkin
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2015, 02:21:34 AM »
Shadewolfe is an evolution of my old gamer nick and is just a variation of "shadow wolf."  The change was made when I realized I'm really not as twitch gamer as I used to be while playing FPS games and I needed to learn to work more from the shadows.

My original gamer nick was Blitzwolfe which harkens back before I really got into computers.  Blitzwolfe was a comic character concept from when I was big on writing and drawing and collected comics.  When I got introduced to Yahoo! chat rooms back in 2001 it became my user name and stuck for about nine years.  I officially changed nicks over when I left my first FPS clan [AGE] to join my my second [SCE] which already had 3  members with variants on the word Blitz.  I still occasionally use Blitzwolfe for some things.

Other user nicks I use off and on:
Medic17 (Planetside)
Graydawn
Schattenjager (SWTOR Legacy)

I'm contemplating a new user nick just for MWO as Shadewolfe isn't very bear like.

Offline Bregor

• If at first you do not succeed. Try a bigger Mech.
  • Inactive Member
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2015, 03:55:59 AM »
Schattenjager (SWTOR Legacy)

Are you Dutch or got Dutch family?