Author Topic: Names of our Warriors  (Read 11219 times)

Offline Edvarr

• True warriors do not follow paths, they make them.
  • Trothkin
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Re: Names of our Warriors
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2015, 07:55:47 AM »
I have used a few gamer tags over the years but for this run I wanted some of the RP aspect. To that end I sought out a gamer name that would fit my desire to be a clanner. My hope was to use Edvard which is the Scandinavian variant of my real name Edward. However that was taken so I decided to vary it a bit and chose Edvarr.

The name is close enough to my real name that I recognize it easily and fits the RP for the game I felt.

It is the cause that must be our beacon. In this war with the Inner Sphere, it is the Clan that must prevail, not the individual in battle. Each time you destroy an enemy Mech, it is the Clan, not your personal glory. Anyone who is not willing to die for the Clan, is not truly a warrior.

Offline Spectronic

• I'm THAT guy!
  • Star Commander
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
Mine used to be ''Specter_1099'' but I felt like it was a boring and an unoriginal gamer-tag so I added a twist to it, and boom, that's how the name Spectronic was born lol.

Offline Smashpie

• Good to Go
  • Inactive Member
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2015, 06:19:30 AM »
Smashpie origin age 14 playing Starcraft was my handle. keept with it ever since. smash because i love to wreck the enemy and pie well that is kind of like calling a human a blood sack. lol were fragile like pie. 

Offline Ancient Demise

• Greg "Dem" Hawkins
  • Warrior
    • Twitch TV
  • Bloodname: Hawkins
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2015, 07:13:33 AM »
Whoa smashpie is back?

<21:50:33> "Aleksandr Wolf": I DECLARE EXTERMINATUS ON THE INNER SPHERE

Offline Jason

• The Jason f.k.a. GalCom
  • Star Commander
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2015, 11:26:01 AM »
Wow, a lot of thought has been put into some of these names.

My MWO name is quite unoriginal; I had earned my Rank in TT about 10 years ago, Jason is my real name, and I earned the Blood name of Tseng in GBL.  Put them all together and you get Glxy Cmdr Jason Tseng.

In other games I mostly use MalikalQahhar which is a combination of 2 of the names for Allah, the almighty (Allah al  Malik) and destroyer  (Allah al Qahhar) together it reads "The Almighty Destroyer"  used it a lot in CS:S and Black Ops.  For Military sims, I use Johann Horlav, which is the name of a German NCO back in ww2.  My best friend and I looked up historical figures when we started playing Rainbow Six Urban Ops (yea I'm old) with the WW2 mods and the name stuck.

Offline Roder

• Trothkin
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2015, 12:51:16 AM »
In 1997 I created my characer in BatMUD and it was cyclops and Roder sounded to me like one that cyclops could use. And as its uncommon enought that its free in most of time, I started to roll with it.

Offline Obadiah333

• Hindsight is no substitute for intuition.
  • Inactive Member
    • ]
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2015, 02:58:09 PM »
I've been using this callsign for as long as I can remember.  I first used it back in the rainbow 6 (rogue spear) game where I was part of FA.  Fallen Angels were notorious for being top notch players and also for being 1st tier DB's for tea-bagging dead enemies.  Our motto was "we hump the dead".  Not sure if anyone knows of or remembers that, lol.  Also, I used this gamer tag in another old school FPS game called MOHAA (medal of honor, allied assault).  I was with a clan called MGX at the time.  Again, some of the very best players of the game, only without the @$$hat mentality.

As far as RPG's go, I've used different names for different characters and games, but for all pvp/fps and other type games, I've always used this tag.

Online Crunch Troll

• Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
  • Loremaster

« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2016, 06:07:54 PM »
Crunch Troll has used his call sign for many years through many games and even several email addresses. It comes from three sources. One is the MYTH Adventure series by Robert Lynn Aspirin. One of the character is Big Crunch, a Troll - big, gangly, hairy, green, muscular and stupid. Or so he acts in public (it is the image most people have of Trolls). In actuality, his name is Chumley, an extremely erudite person. He is one of the smartest characters in the series. Oh, and his sister, Tananda, is a Trollop (their home planet is Trollia) and an assassin (but a nice one). She easily passes for a very beautiful human (with a slight tinge of green to the skin and green hair). If you want to learn more, read the series (while it is light reading, it is very funny and entertaining).

The second part is rather more direct. When Crunch did something annoying to his mom (like correct her spelling or whatever), she would call him "Troll".

The last occurred to Crunch more recently and is rather obvious. The city where Crunch lives is known as the City of Bridges (at in his region) and since Troll's habitually live under bridges...

The floggings shall continue until morale improves.

Offline GeneralPeron

• I'm New, Help a Sibko out!
  • Trothkin
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2016, 08:11:38 PM »
General Juan Domingo Peron was the guy from my avatar. He was an Argentinian President and the creator of the Peronism (A mid 40's political movement that is still active).

Actually, i'm a against this movement, but sometimes I mock with this nick with some friends. Mostly in belic games, where I can use the General Rank and we sing the Peronist March (Yeah, I have my own song :P)

P.S: In the avatar image, a guy edited it and added the phrase "Lenny = White, Carl = Black", in reference of The Simpsons

Offline Nils77

• Trothkin
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 12:46:52 PM »
I came up with mine when I played red Barron 3d. Took my middle name and it was taken. ... shocker.  So I added my month and day (b day ) and it sick ever since.  Used it in the combat flight simulators and battlefield 2. When I started battlefield 2142 I joined the noble warriors and whent pro for a bit.  Got a little burned out on the multilayer games and replayed the mechwarrior series single player on pc and xbox. Eventually heard about the mechwarrior relaunch and here we are.

Offline Teletraan

• Care Bear
  • Friend
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 01:54:43 PM »
I like big stompy robots. So naturally, along with mechs, I love Transformers. Teletraan is the name of the Autobots computer back in the old cartoon series.

Offline Leucippus_K

• "Don't be shutting down..."
  • Star Captain
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »
Hailz!!! I'm finally back to start my training and finally Toe!! I have waited patiently for 7 months!!! My wife had a baby and everything is going great now. I can be a little louder now, our place is small.

Offline AphexTwin11

• The kinship of spirits is vital
  • Trothkin
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2016, 08:26:04 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphex_Twin

Aphex Twin is an Irish electronic/ambient music producer I have grown fond of over the years. I originally used it for Tribes Ascend, and had to tack on an '11' at the end to make it unique. Since they released the 'new' patch for Tribes I no longer play that game anymore, and decided to carry over my Tribes tag to MWO. I basically use it for every game I play (CS:GO, Hawken, etc.)

Offline Leucippus_K

• "Don't be shutting down..."
  • Star Captain
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2016, 07:16:12 AM »
Leucippus is the father of atomic theory. I have used this screen name since 98' mech 3.

Offline MandarbBushido

• Warrior
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2016, 08:38:16 AM »
Mandarb - The name of a horse from the Wheel of Time book series.
http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Mandarb
I started using Mandarb in college (NCSU) for my Vampire the Masquerade: Dark Ages character.

Bushido - Japanese term somewhat translated as "Way of the Warrior" which in ancient Japan was the Samurai as most of you probably know.

I find many principles of Bushido still have relevance today... although I don't go around cutting criminals and shitty people in half with swords ;)