Author Topic: Names of our Warriors  (Read 11220 times)

Offline Zdg1233

• Every day every hour turn the pain into power
  • Warrior
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Re: Names of our Warriors
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »
Zdg1233

I just picked something random when I had to come up with a username.

Unfortunately, I didn't think about the pronounciation, so I kinda screw over anyone who dosen't know that the nickname I went for is "Zed" (just about anyone I meet).  :D

Looking back I should have made it my Steam name. Drat.
"Yes, I *know* the heat level's critical! Shush!"

Offline AllFeather

• I'm a total kodiak obsessed nerd!! Over9000!!!!!!
  • Friend
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »
my username came from when i liked reading god father books plus there are one or two videogames that say allfather. and whenever i used to play Terraria my friends said i was as light as a feather because i beat planterra really fast. so i came up with my username as a pun on allfather as an inside joke a few friends know. ( If you don't know what terraria is feel free to look it up or call me a nerd)
AllFeather: Making Ghost Bears Great again. 

This message is sponsored by a Random kodiak mech.

Offline lefbereth

• SUGAAR!!
  • Star Commander
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2016, 08:05:47 PM »
oh oh oh! my name took me a while to figure where it was from, originally was something at the top of my head while i need it a name for runescape, later (like one month ago) i realized that was probably from LotR from elbereth, i just changed the beggining to lef (which are the first letter of my name [kinda] luis felipe) then i got here and was asked about the pronuntiation for a name that i only ever said in spanish, and i ended up being call left, or just squirrel for short!

SUGAR!!!!

Offline PowerBlackout

• This is crazy - here's a drop deck, faction maybe?
  • Star Commander
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2016, 05:42:43 PM »
From Archer:

Offline solahma steve

• Looking for feedback on every drop
  • Trothkin
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2016, 06:10:39 AM »
There is an age old saying if the shoe fits, wear it.  Solahma describes me pefectly.  Too old to fight well(i play in 3.25 reading glasses) and love to rush in and brawl when i shouldnt, looking for an honorable death.  Living a long time is a blessing and a curse, my father passed away from a fall at 96 this spring.
As i look at 60 and still want to game, i realize i am not front line material.

Father Time is still undefeated.

Keep Calm and aim for the right torso!

Online Crunch Troll

• Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
  • Loremaster

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2016, 06:08:13 AM »
There is an age old saying if the shoe fits, wear it.  Solahma describes me pefectly.  Too old to fight well(i play in 3.25 reading glasses) and love to rush in and brawl when i shouldnt, looking for an honorable death.  Living a long time is a blessing and a curse, my father passed away from a fall at 96 this spring.
As i look at 60 and still want to game, i realize i am not front line material.

Father Time is still undefeated.

Do not worry Steve. As you many know, many members of the unit, Crunch included, are well into the solohma age range. We still show the young pups that we will not go quietly. They may think we should move aside however they will have to fight us to do that. Fortunately we are one big family (somewhat dysfunctional) so most fighting is posturing and ribbing. And if one of the youngins gets frisky, well, whoop their ass.

Father time, on the hand, needs to have his ass thoroughly curb stomped for being such an asshat to us. Where did the time go? (No, not rum. Crunch is not a fan of rum, he prefers a good beer.)

The floggings shall continue until morale improves.

Offline solahma steve

• Looking for feedback on every drop
  • Trothkin
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2016, 06:27:35 AM »
Father time, on the hand, needs to have his ass thoroughly curb stomped for being such an asshat to us. Where did the time go? (No, not rum. Crunch is not a fan of rum, he prefers a good beer.)

Well Crunch, i love a good beer as well, i have 2 acres where i grow hops and if you ever are in upstate NY, you are welcome to come taste, we typically have 4-5 beers on tap at the house.

Keep Calm and aim for the right torso!

Offline desdoom

• why is the booz gone
  • Star Captain
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2016, 01:53:38 PM »

Well Crunch, i love a good beer as well, i have 2 acres where i grow hops and if you ever are in upstate NY, you are welcome to come taste, we typically have 4-5 beers on tap at the house.

did you see beer des would love too have some

Offline Umbraxis

• I'm New, Help a Sibko out!
  • Trothkin
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2016, 09:52:09 PM »
I've used this name for close to 20 years. Back when I was 8 or 9 I wanted a name for a fantasy game I was playing and if I recall I was playing a Assassin type character, so I looked up words for Dark One and it came up with Umbra, I then added the Xis to the end to make it a bit more unique.

Hence Umbraxis was born.

Offline Ghost Kaisar

• Observe, Maneuver, Eliminate
  • Trothkin
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2017, 06:33:54 PM »
Ghost Kaisar was the name of my first Mercenary in Dust514. I put 1300 hours into that F2P shooter, and without a doubt was one of the top 10 players in my role and suit. Small community though, competitive side especially. I personally knew pretty much every player I fought against in matches, since we all pubbed together so much.

I carried that name with me to Eve Online, then to Arma. I've grown attached to it by now.

Ghost was pulled from a nickname from my very first screename. Elgost105 was my name in freaking Runescape. Pulled it into BF1943, which then followed into BF3. Group I played with there just called me "El Ghost" since they thought it was a typo (Which it was, just not for a Ghost). Shortened it to Ghost.

Kaisar was a play off of Kaiser, which is German for Emperor. I didn't want to be cheesy so I deliberately misspelled it. Still sounds cool.

That's about it.
Aspiring Light Mech Pilot

"It's not enough that I must win; my enemies must lose"

"The beatings will continue until overheating improves" -Ghost while getting dicked by Hikage in heat management training

Offline Mark (Shadowfax 13th)

• -The world breaks everyone...
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2017, 02:06:23 AM »
I am another LotR fan and have been using his name since the '80s. Yes it is a horse...
The 13th was something I had added when playing in one of the earlier MechWarrior games, back then we added our unit tags to the end of our names. But I've used it since and after 20 years or so it's the name I always try to use.

-

Offline Phadrus Corpus

• scurtus igatat
  • Inactive Member
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2017, 07:50:41 PM »
I'm an OLD WOW head; primary character Phadrus.  My son got me into MechWarrior on line, as we played table top when he was a Lad.  His characters last name was Corpus.  He asked me to use it as well;  LOL

Now I'm just ole Phadrus Corpus.  Phadrus DOWN !!!

Offline Ghostryder

• Bekker
  • Khan
  • Bloodname: Bekker
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2017, 07:55:16 PM »
Can't kill a dead man, Phadrus!  Keep the zombie rolling

Offline DropBear

• Override is my Co-Pilot!
  • Trothkin
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »
Wow, I really thought I had made a post in this, guess I should have learned about what thought did...

I won't go into a long boring monologue about what a Drop-Bear is, suffice to say it is one of those legendary tales that was originally thought to scare visiting Military units from Countries other than Australia. It has since morphed from Military myth to Urban myth and now is used to sell Rum...  ::)

So back in the bad old days of dial-up, I used to play different Multi-player games and as it was (back then), the maximum length for a player name was 8 characters, as a result I wound up concatenating two words into one and have stuck with it ever since.

Problem is that since Drop-Bears are now used to sell Rum, there are a lot of people who grab the name up relatively fast. There is another "Drop Bear" in MWO but he has adopted a more grammatically correct approach as we can now afford to waste spaces in our player names!  ;) I will just stay with the less politically correct way thank you very much!  :P

Besides, as Clan and true heirs of the Star League, we hate waste!

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close semblance to the first..." - Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

Offline Mark (Shadowfax 13th)

• -The world breaks everyone...
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2017, 10:46:55 PM »
Lol, the other day I saw a player named Shadowfaux...

-