Author Topic: Hello for a prospecting pilot  (Read 114 times)

Offline Berzerker1911

• I'm New, Help a Sibko out!
  • Friend
Hello for a prospecting pilot
« on: June 13, 2017, 09:35:31 PM »
Hello CGBI!

I'm currently looking at possibly (read most likely) leaving the current merc company I'm in, and joining a different group of people to play with.

A little about myself. I work second shift and play the game after work. I got into battletech with a bundle of the Mechwarrior 4 games (vengeance, black knight, and mercs) that I picked up one day clearanced in the electrocics section of a local supermarket, on a whim. I have played Earthseige 2 And terra nova: strike force centauri previously, well before them, but as a rrally little kid so I really didn't know what I was doing (they were my bigger brothers games I got to play after he was fine with them)

I bought into MWO when the founders mechs were now g released. However at that time my computer could barely run the closed beta, and I never touched it again. One day I got the urge to destroy big stompy robot in one of my own, and I couldn't seem to find my old discs of MW4. so I downloaded the game again, and started playing. This was sometime last year, around the end of July. I joined up with the merc group I'm in around August, and have played semi regularly since, with a small couple of months hiatus last Christmas time due to dealing with work stuff, as well as drama going on in the group I was in.

I'm looking at joining into a new group as there is drama going on once again in the group I'm in, and seems everyone is parting ways and leaving. I've decided I'd like a loyalist group as it would be much easier to keep a good drop deck built for FW. I would also like to get better at playing, but with a cohesive unit that still has fun

I will admit that I am a teir 5 player, but only because I play mostly with tier 1s, so my performance isn't quite there for those matches. When I do solo pug I do pretty well, and that is where I usually get most of my achievements from (first time I broke 1k damage was a solo pug, but previous to that I never could get above like 400 in the group)

The reason I'm interested in CGBI is that I like the Ghost Bear Clan in the battletech history. I don't play tabletop, but o do habe some minis that are all ghost bears (some still actually need to be assembled and stuff, but the plan was to paint them all as beta galaxy). I've actually been planning on getting a tattoo of the beta galaxy near howling at the moon :P in honor of the hours I've played mw4, mwo, and the little bit of megamek I've played.

Offline Dubious Squirrel

• Star Commander
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Re: Hello for a prospecting pilot
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 04:05:32 AM »
Hi Berzerker1911!

Well, you've come to the right place. We're relatively drama free and we have a good amount of fun. We also have our own training program and lore based Trial of Entry, to help you polish your skills prior to being admitted as a full member. Hopefully, we'll soon get to see you in our drops :)

Offline Jason

• The Jason f.k.a. GalCom
  • Star Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 09:09:52 AM »

The reason I'm interested in CGBI is that I like the Ghost Bear Clan in the battletech history.

(some still actually need to be assembled and stuff, but the plan was to paint them all as beta galaxy). I've actually been planning on getting a tattoo of the beta galaxy near howling at the moon

If those are you main drives, then you have come to the right place.  As Dubious mentioned, we are a Lore based clan, and will help you polish you skills to match that of Trueborn warriors.  We have quite a few players (myself included) who will help you find where you need to shore up some skills and mech load outs to help maximize your potential on the Battlefield. 

I look forward to dropping with you soon.  Welcome Berzerker!

Offline Berzerker1911

• Friend
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 07:28:54 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes!

sorry for taking a bit to reply, I have been busy at work as everything is in dissarray right now,  and just haven't had the drive to hop on MWO and play, let alone play anything really.

I have a 4 day weekend coming up next weekend, and plan on being on and getting to meet up in game.

Offline Leucippus_K

• "Don't be shutting down..."
  • Star Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 06:26:09 AM »
i look forward to dropping with you Sir!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D