Author Topic: Remember MW4?  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Ghostryder

• Bekker
  • Khan
  • Bloodname: Bekker
Remember MW4?
« on: June 27, 2013, 04:34:29 PM »
Want to play it again, but don't have the files/discs/other stuff?

Well I got 'em!  Unfortunately, you need a couple add ons (GameRanger-to find the servers) and something called 'MXC'. 

If you are interested and need some help, let me know.

You need a proggy called "Gameranger" (google can find it).  Open port 16000 UDP on your router for it to work.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE MEKTEK'S 3.1 INSTALLED, LET ME KNOW!
This link (  https://code.google.com/p/mechwarrior-xc/  ) will download MXC.  Once it is installed, RIGHT click on the awesome mech icon to install MW4 Mercenaries.  This is a 2+ gig download, and the host only allows a certain number on at a time, so keep trying if it is unavailable.  Do the same thing for the maps.  Don't worry about Evilbot unless you want to go through the nutroll of setting up a server (it's a pain in GameRanger).

Once you get it installed, back up the ENTIRE MW4 folder and rename it to whatever.  This will be the directory you use in GameRanger (it WILL ask you to map it).

If you have trouble, I know a guy...Just let me know. 

Lucky Moniker

Re: Remember MW4?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:42:59 PM »
they shut down mektek right?

Offline CoffiNail

• CGBI Founder
  • The Kinship of spirits is vital
  • Oathmaster
  • Bloodname: Tseng
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 05:26:04 PM »
they shut down mektek right?
Yes they did. MekTek is now working on a Heavy Gear game, the bit I have seen of it, should be pretty sweet.

GameRanger has a small little community that still heavily play MW4, there is also a group of near nightly active MechCommander Gold Multiplayer guys on GameRanger as well.  The main guy, i forget his name is always inviting me to a game.

As I am wanting to take a more expansive view to the Clan, I would be glad to get a few stars of players who want to play some RetroTech.

I am also going to start a new thread soon to see if anyone is interested in a digital version of The Successor Wars Board Game. <-- Sarna link(I am aware how you dislike Sarna links Jaroth)
Game registration link http://www.scrapyardarmory.com/successionwars/

I have yet to try it because you need 5 players.  It is one of those sort of take your time 24-48h limit a turn sort of game.  Could be interesting to get in to.

As well, If Mech2.org is still keeping their servers alive, as I have not checked in a while we can even have some real RetroTech fun with MW2 netmech. 

Lucky Moniker

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 01:02:56 AM »
i downloaded this but it doesnt ever load, it just stops responding immediately

Lucky Moniker

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 01:19:59 AM »
i noticed if i tried to run any of the map editor software it couldnt find my video card... i dont know if thats the same problem for the main program