Author Topic: Mechwarrior 4 Iterations  (Read 365 times)

Online Darth Sharkray

• Bring small wubbs for maximum party!!
  • Warrior
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Mechwarrior 4 Iterations
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:12:55 AM »
Hey guys :) out of curiosity: does anyone have any other Mechwarrior 4 Games besides Mercenaries? I used to have the Vengeance iteration and absolutely loved it, but my CD's are so scratched, I can't read shit off of them. Just curious if anyone knows any reliable source in the Interwebz to find a working copy of Vengeance or any other Iteration :)
greez
DS

Reactor: ONLINE
Sensors: ONLINE
Weapons: ONLINE
Aimbot: ONLINE
 - All Systems Nominal

Offline Bolo

• Warrior
Re: Mechwarrior 4 Iterations
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 02:03:13 PM »
ran across the following....

Mechwarrior pc games

Cavete autem ab ursis!  (beware of bears)

Offline Shadowfax 13th

• -The world breaks everyone...
  • Star Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 05:37:06 PM »

I have the CDs for MW 2 through MW 4 & Mercenaries. I've just never been able to make them work with the newer OSs.

-Δόξα το φάντασμα αρκούδα φυλής, και το χρυσό αρκούδες, και η οργή

Offline Bolo

• Warrior
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 12:27:59 AM »
have you tried a virtual machine with the appropriate OS?

here's one that I use...
Virtual Box

Cavete autem ab ursis!  (beware of bears)

Online Darth Sharkray

• Warrior
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 12:35:35 AM »
thanks a bunch guys!! in case anyone was wondering: It works !! finally some vengeance action ;) if anyone needs either the link or the zip-file, just let me know. :)

- All Systems Nominal

Offline Shadowfax 13th

• -The world breaks everyone...
  • Star Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 12:06:52 PM »

Yeah there's no making the older games work with emulators or virtual machines. If I had the Windows 10 Pro or some other version that's one step up from what I have I could emulate an older OS.

If anyone want the CDs let me know. I'll happily send them to you if you want to pay the shipping.

-Δόξα το φάντασμα αρκούδα φυλής, και το χρυσό αρκούδες, και η οργή

Online Darth Sharkray

• Warrior
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 03:09:28 AM »
ran across the following....

Mechwarrior pc games

this one :)
I have the File at home and I'll make it available on my Google Drive. I've only tried Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance but that seems to be running just fine on my old Laptop (HP crap-top. I'm not even going to bother you with Hardware specs) with Windows 7. I'm pretty sure it'll work just fine on my Desktop PC, but I can't try that until October ^^ If you have any questions, I'll be right here ;)

- All Systems Nominal

Offline KBrowing

• I'm New, Help a Sibko out!
  • Friend
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 01:26:18 AM »
I have spent hours searching for a way to run my old MW4 games on CD.  Every single download I found was infected.  I had given up.  I was going to settle for a few drops on MWO and then go to bed...

Then I saw an advertisement for CGBI... I'd played with some CGBI a few days ago, fun enough folks.  My brother and I pledged GB and have been looking for a crew.  I'll check out their forums, maybe we'd be a good fit!

Look, they have a section for old MW games.  Maybe... just maybe they found a way to play MW4...

So here I am.  It's 2:23 a.m. and I am now officially begging that someone send me a link to a non-infected quadrology file!

Offline Jason

• The Jason f.k.a. GalCom
  • Star Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »
I have spent hours searching for a way to run my old MW4 games on CD.  Every single download I found was infected.  I had given up.  I was going to settle for a few drops on MWO and then go to bed...

Then I saw an advertisement for CGBI... I'd played with some CGBI a few days ago, fun enough folks.  My brother and I pledged GB and have been looking for a crew.  I'll check out their forums, maybe we'd be a good fit!

Look, they have a section for old MW games.  Maybe... just maybe they found a way to play MW4...

So here I am.  It's 2:23 a.m. and I am now officially begging that someone send me a link to a non-infected quadrology file!

We only hand those out to Sibkin and above, so put in an application ^.^

I'm sure someone can either link it to you, or PM directly if it's easier. I hated MW4 personally, and don't have it. But others can help you out. Hope to see you in the field soon!

Offline KBrowing

• Friend
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 11:14:31 AM »
We only hand those out to Sibkin and above, so put in an application ^.^

I'm sure someone can either link it to you, or PM directly if it's easier. I hated MW4 personally, and don't have it. But others can help you out. Hope to see you in the field soon!

Thanks!  Fortunately work has kept me busy enough I haven't been able to spend much time thinking about not playing MW4!

I think my brother and I are going to check out the TeamSpeak and if it works with everyone maybe play a few drops.  I figure it would make sense to make sure we're a good fit before we waste everyone's time!

Offline Dubious Squirrel

• Star Commander
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 04:21:46 PM »
I haven't played MW4 Mercs but from watching videos it's making me excited for MW5.

Offline Jason

• Star Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 06:35:23 PM »
I haven't played MW4 Mercs but from watching videos it's making me excited for MW5.

Watching videos from mechcon 2016 is making me excited for MW5

Offline Ghostryder

• Bekker
  • Khan
  • Bloodname: Bekker
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 09:15:27 PM »
MW5 IS exciting, but I have to temper that with experience-Don't get me wrong, I WANT it to be awesome, I am just realizing MWO and by extension (even though they did it first, referring to MWLL), it has never captured the 'magic' of MW4.   
  As a Clan, we will be eyeing it as another avenue for us.

Offline BigBlue

• Old age and deceit can beat youth and skill ...
  • Warrior
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 05:09:21 PM »
Aff. I have great hopes but low expectations,... considering. (for Mechwarrior 5)
Bigblue
Mechwarrior

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
As quoted in Pocket Patriot : George S. Patton, Jr. Quotes from American Heroes (2005) edited by Kelly Nickell, p. 157

Offline Jason

• Star Commander
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 06:30:37 PM »
MW5 IS exciting, but I have to temper that with experience-Don't get me wrong, I WANT it to be awesome, I am just realizing MWO and by extension (even though they did it first, referring to MWLL), it has never captured the 'magic' of MW4.   
  As a Clan, we will be eyeing it as another avenue for us.

From what I've seen mw5 will be SP only, and set before/during the 4th succession war