Author Topic: Nobody likes a whiner...  (Read 586 times)

Offline Zdg1233

• Every day every hour turn the pain into power
  • Trothkin
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Nobody likes a whiner...
« on: March 09, 2018, 08:31:52 AM »
Before I start, I just have to say: PPC's on the Cougar's side torsos are beautiful.

Has anyone run into any problems with this person or his unit? A "D V Devnull" from LitS? (Charlie Lance Enemy Team)

It was just a simple Canyon Network Conquest match. Nothing extraordinary really happened, but near the end of the match, I came across enemy player D V Devnull (WHK-C). Put simply, he was pretty beat up, down in a valley, and I kept shooting him from up top with PPC's until he went down (I was in a Cougar).

Then begins the short exchange:

Him: "An unhonorable kill Zdg... You should have killed me from where I can see you."

Me: "Says the Warhawk to the Cougar."

Him: "I was pretty beat up, you probably could have facetanked me."

I didn't bother humoring him past that, cause there's no point to it.
"Yes, I *know* the heat level's critical! Shush!"

Offline Edvarr

• True warriors do not follow paths, they make them.
  • Trothkin
Re: Nobody likes a whiner...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:15:55 AM »
There will always be someone that feels a fight was unfair, hell often we ourselves will have those feelings. The key is to NOT engage them.

When you are in a drop you represent CGBI and your words and actions. The actions to secure a win are whatever needs to be done as long as you did not use an exploit or cheat. (In this case you used terrain to your advantage, just smart play)

Your words however are something that can easily be controlled and actually used against you and CGBI. The best rule of thumb is to ignore those comments and make comments of your own. The best rule of thumb can be found in these quotes:

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

It is the cause that must be our beacon. In this war with the Inner Sphere, it is the Clan that must prevail, not the individual in battle. Each time you destroy an enemy Mech, it is the Clan, not your personal glory. Anyone who is not willing to die for the Clan, is not truly a warrior.

Offline BigBlue

• Old age and deceit can beat youth and skill ...
  • Warrior
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:38:00 AM »
I was looking for a "LIKE" button. I agree with Edvarr. You gain greater honor by choosing the lesser capable mech, not by using tactics that do not make sense for your mech.

If you bring a knife to a gun fight and win, it is not you being unfair. It is you choosing correctly for the skills and situation.
Bigblue
Mechwarrior

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
As quoted in Pocket Patriot : George S. Patton, Jr. Quotes from American Heroes (2005) edited by Kelly Nickell, p. 157

Offline Darth Sharkray

• I am the m*****f*****g Emperor!
  • Star Colonel
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 09:40:15 AM »
Don't let comments like that disturb you Zdg. If people want an honorable match, as we clanners understand it, he will not find it in QuickDrops or Faction Warfare. That's what we have a Private Lobby and a Circle of Equals for.

Reactor: ONLINE
Sensors: ONLINE
Weapons: ONLINE
Aimbot: ONLINE
 - All Systems Nominal

Offline Prime2310

• Dawn is coming for you.
  • Warrior
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 10:29:28 AM »
I am with Darth on this one. And i have addressed my concerns going up the chain. I find this absolutely appauling that he now calls out a CGBI member and trying to get a reaction aout of him.

Offline Tactical Neural Implant

• Trothkin
    • Mech-Works
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 10:32:43 AM »
I don't know. It sounds like a throwaway comment to me.
Blowing off steam in a match is par for course.
If he genuinely harbors ill will toward CGBI then it will be addressable when he's on TS.

Offline Zdg1233

• Every day every hour turn the pain into power
  • Trothkin
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 11:24:21 PM »
*EDIT: Just specified who said what in that exchange.

I assure you guys, I feel the same way about toxic players (and how to deal with them) in any game. I have plenty of experience down in the salt mines (which this incident is absolute peanuts to in comparison), and joined you guys specifically to get away from it.

The whole situation was just too humorous for me to not reply. How often do you come across an assault mech telling a light mech to face him head on?  ???
"Yes, I *know* the heat level's critical! Shush!"

Offline Ghostryder

• Bekker
  • Khan
  • Bloodname: Bekker
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 10:03:19 AM »
Aff, there has been discussion regarding this individual.  Unless he screws up in our channel, it is best to ignore.  Personally, I don't think he was intentionally baiting, just but hurt he got killed by a cougar that out manuvered him. 
  Key is, as has been made clear, is to not feed the trolls or those who attempt to use our honor against us.