Author Topic: Logitech G15 Keyboard - still useful?  (Read 121 times)

Offline Crunch Troll

• Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
  • Loremaster
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Logitech G15 Keyboard - still useful?
« on: April 08, 2018, 09:56:47 PM »
So Crunch is going all stuff he has accumulated over the past 13y as he is moving at the end of the month. In his adventure, he realized he still had a G15 keyboard from many years ago (likely replaced in 2011 by a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate). He is wondering if the G15 would make a better keyboard for use with MWO as it has many more programmable keys (18 v 5, though he thinks both KBs allow you step 3 profiles on these keys).

He has checked the Logitech website and found that their Gaming Software still supports the G15 so he would be able to make full use of its functions (such as the LCD screen). So he is wondering if any Bears out there use the G15 and can tell him how well it works with MWO. He any and all for any assistance.

The floggings shall continue until morale improves.

Offline MandarbBushido

• I'm New, Help a Sibko out!
  • Warrior
  • Bloodname: Memba
Re: Logitech G15 Keyboard - still useful?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:30:16 AM »
I also have a G15 but have not found a good use for either the programmable keys or lcd screen in MWO.

I've heard people mention using macros for UACs, maybe for optimum timing so you aren't double tapping?

I believe you could use the LCD to display who is talking in Team Speak, can't think of a use for it in game.

Offline Crunch Troll

• Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
  • Loremaster
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Re: Logitech G15 Keyboard - still useful?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 02:08:25 PM »
Crunch thanks you Mandarb. He thinks he stopped using it as a couple of keys (p & o for now) seem to have intermittent problems. At times, he has no issues, and at others, they will not respond no matter how many times or how deliberately he presses the troublesome keys. The advantages are the extra programmable keys and the LCD (of limited use given the age of the G15). He will have to evaluate each keyboard for its' merits when he has more time (he is reducing, packing and cleaning for a move at the end of the month).

The floggings shall continue until morale improves.