Hail Brothers & Sisters

Author Topic: Hail Brothers & Sisters  (Read 86 times)

Offline blu_66

• I'm New, Help a Sibko out!
  • Friend
Hail Brothers & Sisters
« on: July 12, 2018, 01:03:45 PM »
Howdy, I'm sorta new to MWO and I'm trying to get into faction play. I thought I'd come here and introduce myself, since we're family now. I got Teamspeak set up, but I can't seem to enable my microphone, the option is just greyed out. If anyone knows what my problem is, I'd be grateful for you help. I was going to wait to be interviewed before I posted this, but I can't seem to find a solution online.

With that out of the way, I figure I'd tell you all about my progress so far. I've made it out of tier 5, and I've wasted a lot of C-Bills on 'mech's I didn't like, so for now I've only got two 'mech's that I own. A Rifleman that I'm very sad I can't bring into battle with you all, and an ACW-1 with 9 SRM 2s that is actually very scary, although I need to get better at using it. If an assault gave it a dirty look it would melt into a puddle of bubbling metal and trace carbon. I'm saving up for either a MC-MKII, a Kodiak, or an Executioner (since I heard CGB likes those). I'm trying to stay F2P because money is tight and everything in this game is way too expensive, but we'll see. Those clan 'mech's are especially pricey.

'Mech preference wise, I'm more comfortable in a fire support role. The Rifleman was the first one I bought, because I really like LB 10-X ACs and I wanted two. It's a shame I can only sell it for like 200K C-Bills. I spent way too much on that 'mech to only get so little back. I'm actually kind of upset that's how little the game will give me for such a 'mech. That's GameStop level BS.

Anyway, I'll wrap this up. You all can call me Blue, or Baloo if you prefer (Yes, like the bear from The Jungle Book. My last name sounds exactly the same.) I'm extremely laid back and I like working with a team to get something done. I'm looking forward to working with you all.

Offline foxjester

• Name The Target.
  • Warrior
    • Twitch Channel
  • Bloodname: Ghost Bear
Re: Hail Brothers & Sisters
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 08:01:23 AM »
good to meet you! don't worry, we'll get you set up with all of the bear necessities! *smirk*

not sure about the mic issue, but looking forward to seeing that acw in a drop!

-  [MW] FoxJester

Offline swohguy

• Ready... Aim.......Fire!
  • Warrior
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 08:02:59 AM »
Welcome, I'm sure we will get those things sorted out.

Offline xUnbreakablex

• Master Summoner
  • Star Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 05:52:23 PM »
Make sure your mic is selected on your PC as the default capture device on the PC.  If your PC Recognizes the mic and it works properly in tests there then it could be a TS issue. You can force that mic to be used by opening TS3, going to tools, options, capture.  From there you can specify the Mic to be used, set PTT or Voice Activation (as long as you don't have a loud house like me) then test it.  If you are the discord type then join ours at discord.gg/kfqZYCp and ping any @star commander, @star captain, or @star colonel for an interview.  That will at least get you in the door and to sibkin status while you fix the issues with TS.

Every dead body that is not exterminated, gets up and kills. The people it kills get up and kill. - Gorillaz

Online victor.battle

• Owl the ancient
  • Warrior
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 03:17:27 AM »
Hello and welcome.
Completing the events and challenges is a good way to boost your stable, c-bills and supplies. For instance, the "hot drop" challenge which has just finished gave you a free medium mech. Look out for the next one and for sales. There are often discounts on mechs for c-bills. Always wait for 50% off when buying mech bays.  Right now you can buy a MAD-llC for under 4.5 mill. 8)

CAVE ADSVM

Offline blu_66

• Friend
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 11:54:56 AM »
Hey Unbreakable, your advice worked. It was a TS issue. Thanks for the assistance!

I actually ended up getting a MAD IIC. My current loadout is 6 ER M Lasers and 2 heavy large lasers, an XL 400 engine and as many double heatsinks as I could fit on the thing. I'm liking it so far, it's definitely a viable build, but it needs more heat management skills. I'm going into the operations skill tree to get cool run and as much heat gen as I can in the firepower tree. The main problem I'm having with it is people running into my line of fire and killing themselves, then blaming me that they put their back in front of my lasers right in the middle of an alpha strike while I'm zoomed in. I try to be careful about when, where, and who I fire at, but I can't compensate for a lack of common sense.

Offline xUnbreakablex

• Master Summoner
  • Star Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 05:55:08 PM »
you can do that build on a hellbringer or ebon jag, try te dual gauss deathstrike build or the 2 uac 10 2 uac 5 dakka build

also they are nerfing clan lasers soon so dont get used to laser boats lol

Every dead body that is not exterminated, gets up and kills. The people it kills get up and kill. - Gorillaz

Offline blu_66

• Friend
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 03:47:02 AM »
I didn't know that. Shame I spent so much money on this thing. I hadn't used a  big laser boat yet and I wanted to try it.

Offline xUnbreakablex

• Master Summoner
  • Star Commander
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 08:58:28 AM »
Oh its still good and works until the changes are patched in. But as it stands now on the ptr its not looking too good lol.